Jul 14, 2014 11:55pm
archive.org feature films in Popcorn-Time !
DISCLAIMER: long boring post, probably sent to the wrong forum, please correct me and direct me to the right place for this kind of questions.
I hope I got your attention with the catchy title, let's not disappoint you, you can see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWqLTmkwHL4
heck, as soon as GitHub stops with their DMCA/MPAA bullshit, you could even run it: https://github.com/xaiki/popcorn-app/
I need IMDB ids in archive.org, how can I get them in ?
(anyone interested in seeing the code please write me a mail: email@example.com, and I'll send you a patch/tgz, like we did before github)
anyway, as you can see on the youtube video, it's quite not the popcorn experience we want:
- it has a lot of animated gifs
- titles are not exactly correct
- sinopsys' are of variating qualities, some link to imdb, some don't.
and that's only what you see, if you look at my archive.js provider:https://gist.github.com/xaiki/b15ddbfee7a4d4886ffd
you'll notice an excesive amount of work-arround to data inconsistency, for instance:
- l118: most runtime are empty so I take it from the mp4 file.
- l126: when year is missing, get date, when missing get addeddate.
- and more...
well, actually, we have the same kind of problem with yts, so that's why we use trakt.tv to get better, solidified metadata.
so all boils down to this: i'd need to
- be able to solidify some of the metadata.
- get to imdb/trakt info from the archive.org details API.
I tried setting it myself into metadata like that:https://gist.github.com/xaiki/d3a5aaf972732cec829c
but obviously not everyone can add new fields.
so my question (at long last) is:
¿ how can I get imdbid or at least slug unification with trakt into archive.org ?